Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring - maybe?

Yesterday was such a nice day. It really felt like spring had arrived to Stockholm finally. The sun was shining and the sky was clear blue. Small things like that really make me happy. When I opened the window I heard the first spring birds singing. This winter has been so long and tough that I just can´t wait for spring to arrive. Even if I have not yet seen any crocus flowers growing in the ground I saw these planted in a nice pot for sale outside a flower shop.


The temperature climbed all the way up to 7 degrees C (45 F). That sure is the record for the this year so far. I feel totally starved for sunshine and warmer temperatures so this just felt great.



One of the best things was that I was able to take out and wear my beloved sneakers again. I am amazed that something so simple can fill me with such happiness but it does. I am so done with heavy winter boots. I am a sneaker girl and this is what I would like to wear all around perferabley.

Since the day filled us with happy spring feelings C decided that he would make my bike ready so that I can start to bike to work soon again. My old bike that I used during the fall broke down. The breaks are not very good and I decided to not use it for the spring but instead use my new mountain bike. But since it did not have any fenders that is what C has been adding on. I really love C for taking the time and effort to do things like these for me. It is the small things in everyday life that you do for each other that love is all about.

I decided to take advantage of my new spring happiness and energy as well as keeping C company outside. I cleaned the windows! Now they are crystal clear and now we can really let the sun in. Cleaning the windows really feels like spring. In Alabama we had so many windows on the house that I never even attempted cleaning them. The mere thought of doing about 30 windows exhausted me before I even got started. Here we only have three large windows so the task is much easier. This apartment only has windows facing one direction. I would have liked to have windows facing more than one direction but this will do for now.

So if yesterday felt like spring today the grey weather is back again. All those spring feelings are gone. I therefore decided to at leas start this day by giving us a nice treat for breakfast. We had american pancakes with raspberries and a yummy fruit salad to go with that.

4 comments:

Skruttplutt said...

Ännu ett fin inlägg och vackra bilder. Jag är så glad att du får lite vår nu!
Tack för fikat och för alla råd och tips. Det var så härligt att ses!

Anne said...

Jag ser att du har en rejäl och bra cykel, med ordentlig stänkskärm t.ex. Jag skulle vilja ha en enkel, äkta, rejäl europeisk cykel, med pakethållare, stänkskärm därbak och gärna en cykelkorg också. Men den sortens enkla modeller är ju så dyra här.
Äkta vårtecken i alla fall att börja cykla igen och byta skor, det går framåt Desiree även om det blev en grå, trist dag igen.

Desiree said...

Linnea, tack. Ha en bra resa nu tack själv för träffen med fika och fina tulpaner.
Kram!

Anne, det var en del som Calle fick fixa för den hade vare sig stänkskärmar, pakethållare eller cykelkorg. Ska jag ha den till att cykla fram och tillbaka från jobbet så funkar det inte utan detta. Den var förvisso snyggare utan allt detta men jag känner att jag behöver en cykel jag kan andvända istället för en fin cykel som jag bara tar ut då och då. Det känns härligt med tanken att snart kunna cykla igen och känns helt underbart att kunna gå med gympaskor igen :-)
KRam!

Annika said...

Finally, dear! Glad för er allas skull att det faktiskt börjar våras! OCH att cykla är ett sant vårtecken, liksom gympadojjor!!
Snart hojjar du till KI igen!!NAJS!!
Kramar!!!